Sunday 30 June 2013

China Republic Coin Yuan Shih Kai

Today, I would like to share about China silver dollar coin Yuan Shih Kai. In USA, most of the coin dealers prefer the name Fatman dollar whereas the China nationality prefer the name Yuan Tar Tou. Back in primary school, one of my classmates sold me the same type of coin for RM1.00. At that time, as I just started my coin collection hobby, I was totally unaware of which country, neither the year nor denomination of the coin. During my childhood, information was not easy to access. I, as a coin collector, kept it.

Back 10 years ago, I met one of my friend whom shared the same hobby as me. I sought his help to identify the country the coin originated from and the year of minting of the coin , and eventually he found out and told me the coin has the inscription "10" which meant it was 1911+10=1921 and is from the Republic of China , and that the denomination is one yuan and it is made of silver. 10 years ago, the price was around RM30 for VF condition. I slowly got interested when I know more of this coinage period.

No comments:

Post a Comment